This is where you control terrain’s appearance, such as material, color and shadow:
• Material Type: Select which material used to render this terrain, currently there are 2 built-in materials provided, Lambert diffuse and Blinn-Phong Specular. Use can assign your own material by selecting Custom.
• Color By Height: A gradient to determine vertex color by its height.
• Color By Normal: A gradient to determine vertex color by its normal vector.
• Blend Fraction: A curve to blend between Color By Height and Color By Normal.
• Vertex Color: should it generate vertex color or not?
• Flat Shading: determine whether to use Flat or Smooth shading.
• Solid Face Color: Check this to solidify triangle color.
• Cast Shadow/ Receive Shadow: Check these for the terrain to casts, receives shadow.